Conference platform instructions
This year’s Compliance and Ethics Conference BCEC will be held on the online platform MiTeam, which due to its technological features provides a high-level security against online threats. This is to ensure a secure connection and access to a wide range of participants from your home or office computers (please check with your IT departments).
The platform, on which all modules of the conference will take place, offers a good user experience in a form of a virtual classroom, an option to upload materials, ask questions and poll voting on interesting topics to stimulate the discussion. Technical support for this year’s conference is provided by the co-organizer of the conference and our long-term partner, IEDC – Bled School of Management, which had placed topics of responsible and ethical business in the heart of their management education from the very beginning.
We will keep you informed about all the information regarding the accesses, links and passwords for this online platform.
- Before entering the first conference call please check these short instructions on how to use the MiTeam conferencing environment. You can find instructions here: https://miteam.eu/asset/HjYenk4rqqFKaYKyh
- Make sure you are in a modern browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, if not, please log in via one of the mentioned browsers. Please avoid using Internet Explorer as it is no longer updated.
- Please check the version of your browser. If it’s not up to date please update it.
- Before entering the video conference call for the first time, please close other programs that can use the camera or microphone such as Zoom, Skype, Google Meet, etc
- Before making the first conference call, please check your device settings. You can enter device settings through the gear icon in the conference pane. Check the microphone using audio level thin blue line and test audio output on Test button (Not available in Firefox). Check the Camera preview.
- Make sure that you have allowed the browser to use the camera and microphone. If you did not allow the usage please do so. Remember to turn on your speakers or headphones.
- You can enter the call via the notification pop up that appears on your screen or via the green button in the conference panel. If the panel is closed, open it by clicking on the camera icon next to the logo on the top left of the browser window.
- If you have the microphone icon crossed out in red after entering the call, you are silenced by the moderator. If you want to speak, click on the Hand icon on the right side of the hangup button.
- If your microphone does not work, check the device settings to see if you have selected the correct microphone input. Try choosing another option from the audio capture devices.
- If you cannot connect to the video conference, try using some other browser. If that doesn’t help, check your internet connection due to possible restrictions, Firewalls, VPN etc. on a company-provided internet connection. Eventually use you LTE hotspot.
- If the above steps did not help you, we are available in Technical Support Center (look under “My Groups”), via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 00 386 31 883 097 or 00 386 40 250 713. We are looking forward to help you.
- Mute your microphone during a video conference call when you are not talking. Activate your camera when you will talk to others. Ask moderator for attention using Hand raise tool.